If you aren’t familiar with the #TopTenTuesday Tag for book bloggers a link to the prompts and about is found here.
I am actually doing a TTT from last week because the prompt for this week is about books you DNF’d and I hardly ever DNF books…
So I am going to do the Top 5 Worlds I want to live in and then the Top 5 I never want to live in…
- Hogwarts/ Harry Potter’s World – This one seems a tad obvious to anyone who knows anything about me. I am obsessed with this world and the magic that it brings to my life. I cannot imagine the sort of magic it would bring if the magic magic were real. I got to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando at Universal Studios once and that is as close as I will ever get. (PS trying to talk my fiance into going back for our honeymoon)
- Pyrnthian/The World of A Court of Thorns and Roses – Okay, I don’t need to be with Rhysand but I will take am Illyrian Warrior as my mate in this world if I have to. *wink wink* Even if I am truly Summer Court material as the quizzes suggest I wouldn’t mind living in an eternal summer if the ocean is right below my window.
- Camp Half-Blood/ The Percy Jackson World – Percy Jackson’s world sounds amazing. I have always loved reading about Mythology and studying those units in school. I loved teaching them when I taught middle grade English as well. I would love to attend Camp Half-Blood and be a demi-god ready to save the world.
- Outlander – I am a little jealous of time travelling women who fall in love with handsome Scottish clansmen in kilts. I mean. This series is HOT and I would definitely me okay with a Jamie in my own life. (My fiance’s last name is Scottish… does that count?)
- Narnia – Holy cow… I almost forgot this one. This is one of my favorite series of all time. I love Narnia and all the magic it offers to even the most common of people. I wish I was there right now enjoying a cuppa with Mr. and Mrs. Beaver.
Okay now on to the places I NEVER want to live…
- The Hunger Games/ District 12 – Okay my number one place to NOT live would be District 12. Let’s be honest. As great as these books are, this world is terrifying. Children battling to the death is not ideal.
- The World of The Red Queen Series – Blood wars? Poverty? Living in fear? Magic battles? Yeah no thanks. I’d rather stay home and read about it.
- Westeros/ The World in A Game of Thrones – I LOVE this series. I love the TV show. I love the blood and guts and craziness. I love the death. I eat it all up. But HELL NO I don’t want to live here and be a part of this.
- The Selection Series World – Another dystopian series. Surprise surprise. We haven’t lived among real true castes in centuries. We don’t need to go back there. And we certainly don’t need The Bachelor to be choosing our future rulers.
- The Maze Runner Series World – I am claustrophobic and a huge fan of indoor plumbing. Living in shacks, trapped in the center of a maze doesn’t sound ideal. Plus when they leave the maze the outside world is just as terrifying if not more so.
Welp Happy Tuesday! (PS It is my birthday and I am so glad to have shared a bit of it with you, thanks for reading book nerds!)
What fictional world do you want to live in? Which one do you definitely NOT want to live in?